Flood Bucket Kits
Flood Bucket Kits are always needed at UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief). These supplies enable people to begin the overwhelming job of cleaning up after a flood or hurricane.
lood Bucket Kit Items Value: $55 per bucket.
Note: If the requested item size is not available, go down to the next available size. If nothing is available in the requested or smaller size, put masking tape on the outside of the bucket saying, “This bucket contains no ___________”
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Bleach (two 1-quart or one 82 oz. bottle) (Do not include bleach if you are shipping the bucket through the USPS, UPS or FedEX)
- 5 scouring pads
- 7 sponges
- 1 scrub brush
- 18 cleaning towels (reusable wipes)
- liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottle)
- 1 household cleaner, 12-16 oz. bottle
- disinfectant dish soap, 16-28 oz. bottle
- 50 clothes pins
- clothes line (two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.)
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pair latex gloves
- 1 pair work gloves
- 24-bag roll of heavy-duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon (remove roll from box before placing in bucket)
- 1 insect repellant spray, 6-14 oz. can (if aerosol, cans must have protective caps - see special requirements below)
- 1 air freshener, 8 or 9 oz. can (if aerosol, cans must have protective caps - see special requirements below)
Important Kit Assembly Instructions
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.