Senior Scholarship Opportunities
Grace Nelson Scholarship
Each year, Benton First United Methodist offers a scholarship opportunity for our graduating seniors who meet the scholarship requirements which is awarded by our scholarship committee. If—you are a graduating senior and want more information, please contact the church office at 270-527-3990.
Requirements for application:
- The recipient must be a regular attendee of Benton First United Methodist Church
- Must have a grade point average of 2.75
- Financial need is a consideration
- Extracurricular activities at school and church activities are a criteria to be considered.
- First selection is a university affiliated with First United Methodist Church, if any, if not then to a deserving member, if any, or it may be carried over from year to year.
- The recipient is required to be attending a four (4) year degree university
- It can be renewed after the first year with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Download the Scholarship Application